Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Pomegranate Guacamole

After watching an episode of Rachel Ray 30 Minute Meals about holiday party appetizers, I decided to try my own version of what looked to be absolutely delicious. And I was right! I know, I know.. pomegranate guacamole, it sounds a little funky, but I promise... it's GOOD!

So here's the recipe:

  • 1 Avocado, mashed
  • 1 Jalapeno pepper, seeded and deveined (I think I might go with 2 jalapenos next time though for a little more kick!)
  • 1 Serrano pepper, seeded and deveined
  • 1/2 Red Bell pepper, seeded and deveined
  • 1/2 cup Red onion
  • 2 cloves of garlic, pasted (which I learned from Rachel Ray: mince the garlic, add a little salt, and mash it with the back of a spoon until it's "pasty")
  • Seeds from 1/2 of a Pomegranate
  • Juice from 1/2 of a Lime
  • And as much Cilantro as you want!

Mash the avocado, chop the veggies, and squeeze in the lime. Mix it all together and voila! This makes enough for one person to eat a couple times. I will definitely be eating more tonight!

0 comments: