Thursday, December 6, 2007

Sun Burn in Freezing Temperatures

This is just further proof how freakin' Scandinavian/German I am. Even though I look like I'm Irish (reddish hair, pale skin, freckles)--same effect when in contact with UV rays though. I went tanning for 7 minutes today...7 minutes...and I am now a lovely shade of Christmas red! Pasty pale white winter skin apparently doesn't fair well with that amount of time. Maybe I should've started with 5 minutes. Good grief.

On a happy note, I'm starting to get festive. I made a trip to my local scrapbooking store and got some things to make Christmas cards! I spent the last couple hours being crafty and creative...instead of studying for my Econ quiz tomorrow. Whoops! On a side note, I can't wait 'til I can have a room devoted soley to scrapbooking and my other crafting hobbies. Oh some day, when I'm not so poor and I no longer rent my living quarters.

2 comments:

sierra said...

Um, yeah... So, in that case, I would definitely stock up on a bunch of sunscreen for when you move to CO. The sun shines 300 days a year there, you are closer to it and the air is thinner. Throw into that mix the fact that the sun reflects off of the snow and your face will be nice and red (and chapped and dry) all winter. Investing in a really good moisturizer will also help. Glad to have been of service! ;)

Kaitlin said...

I was kind of wondering about that! Thanks for the advice, I will definitely have to look into that. Maybe my big bottle of 50 spf will do me some good ha ha.